Modules for Beginners
Basics of Stock Market
Translate the power of knowledge into action. Open Free* Demat Account
Lessons from Successful Stock Market investors
01:14 Mins Read
The world’s most successful stock market investors have a lot to teach the rest of us. Here are some lessons you’ll find useful.
Looking for some guidance on trading in the markets? Here are some lessons from successful stock market investors.
- Firstly, keep emotions out of the equation. Make investment decisions objectively and without any emotional bias.
- It's far better to buy a good company at a fair price than a fair company at a good price. To put it differently, don’t just buy a stock because it is cheap. Invest in quality stocks instead.
- Another valuable lesson is patience. Sometimes, the hardest thing to do is to do nothing. Hyperactivity in the market is not always good. You need to wait to make the right trade.
- Information can be powerful. Investing blindly, without knowing what you are investing in, can be a costly mistake. So, understand the company you’re investing in, analyse its financials and make sure it is a fundamentally strong investment.
- Lastly, invest according to your goals. Without aligning your investments to your goals, your investments will not have any purpose.
Lessons from Successful Stock Market Investors Here’s some investment advice from the market’s best investors, so you can see the path ahead more clearly. Lesson 1: Avoid making emotional investment decisions. What this means is that you should make level-headed and informed decisions. Don’t panic buy or panic sell. Lesson 2: It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price. In other words, don’t just buy a stock because it’s cheap. Invest in quality stocks instead. Lesson 3: The key is to wait. Sometimes, the hardest thing to do is to do nothing. This lesson is to drive home the point that hyperactivity is not always good. Sometimes, patience is key. And you need to wait to make the right trade. Well, with these valuable lessons, you can trade smarter. And down the line, we have more lessons for you. Continue with Smart Money to find out more.